Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bnkone

Default Removing leading 0s

I have a sheet of 10K+ rows that have entries like this: 000345, 0034567,
0000067 etc. I am trying to do a vlookup on another table of +10K rows and
join on the numbers. Unfortunately one of my source tables is missing the
leading 0's with no hope of fixing it. Can anyone help me with a way to
remove the leading 0's?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Try this:

Format an empty cell as Number. Enter the number 1. EditCopy.

Select your "numbers". EditPaste Special, check Multiply.

Make a copy of your workbook before trying!

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"bnkone" wrote in message
I have a sheet of 10K+ rows that have entries like this: 000345, 0034567,
0000067 etc. I am trying to do a vlookup on another table of +10K rows and
join on the numbers. Unfortunately one of my source tables is missing the
leading 0's with no hope of fixing it. Can anyone help me with a way to
remove the leading 0's?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

If they are missing, why do you need to remove them? They are probably
formatted as text. Follow this procedure to change to remove the zeros.

Copy a blank cell.
Select the cells you want to remove the zeros (you can select a whole
column; it will ignore the blank cells).
Select Edit-Paste Special
Select Add
Click Okay