Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nc

Default how type e-mail add. not hyperlinks in excel

I need to do a merge and it won't take my e-mail list because they have all
turned to hyperlinks...how do I type them and not have them turn into
hyperlinks?

PLease e-mail me @

thanks so much
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

Check out

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks2.html

and

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks.html

In article ,
"nc" wrote:

I need to do a merge and it won't take my e-mail list because they have all
turned to hyperlinks...how do I type them and not have them turn into
hyperlinks?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

nc,

For Excel XP and on:
Tools / Autocorrect Options... / Autoformat as you type (tab) -
uncheck "Internet and Network Paths with hyperlinks".

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"nc" wrote in message
I need to do a merge and it won't take my e-mail list because they have all
turned to hyperlinks...how do I type them and not have them turn into
hyperlinks?

PLease e-mail me @

thanks so much

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

1) type apostrophe before email address
or
2) after hitting Enter, use CTRL+Z to undo the hyperlink
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme