Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
coastiesmom5

Default thank you letters

Hello, I need help with a Thank you letter on how to write it. I need to
write to a local newspaper about 4 nice christian men who drove 10 hours from
their hometown to work continueously on my home. My husband has terminal
cancer and these folks came to make our home comfortable for him. They worked
non stop for a week and completed us a bedroom, bath, and laundry room.
Please help me to write the best thank you letter ever. Thanks, Joyce Bentle
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"coastiesmom5" wrote in message
Hello, I need help with a Thank you letter on how to write it. I need to
write to a local newspaper about 4 nice christian men who drove 10 hours
from
their hometown to work continueously on my home. My husband has terminal
cancer and these folks came to make our home comfortable for him. They
worked
non stop for a week and completed us a bedroom, bath, and laundry room.
Please help me to write the best thank you letter ever. Thanks, Joyce
Bentle

You're kidding, right? This is a newsgroup for Excel, the spreadsheet
software.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I think that if you write a letter from your heart that it will mean much more
to these guys than getting a pretty letter written by someone else.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

I think expressing your own true feelings of appreciation, to the level of
your own abilities, whatever they might be, would mean more to those
wonderful individuals than anything created by someone not actually feeling
the emotions. They will know it came from YOU, and expressed YOUR
feelings.......and will feel good because of it.........incidently, your
thoughtfulness in wanting to thank them as much as you can is most admirable.
My Prayers to you, your Husband, and to those fine Gentlemen.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"coastiesmom5" wrote:

Hello, I need help with a Thank you letter on how to write it. I need to
write to a local newspaper about 4 nice christian men who drove 10 hours from
their hometown to work continueously on my home. My husband has terminal
cancer and these folks came to make our home comfortable for him. They worked
non stop for a week and completed us a bedroom, bath, and laundry room.
Please help me to write the best thank you letter ever. Thanks, Joyce Bentle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

I'm a retired helicopter pilot. Years ago I helped rescue a man (a fellow
employee) who was doing his job in the woods at night and did not return
when he should have. No one knew his exact location and he was out all
night in fairly severe winter weather. A night ground search provided no
clues. Next morning I flew the area of concern and as luck would have it we
found him in about 15 minutes walking down a road to town forty miles away,
very cold, tired and hungry. We had hot coffee and I gave him my lunch I
had quickly gathered for me at a 7-11 store.

Next day, (in the company mail system) I received a letter on company
letterhead in fine precise letter form and in elegant corporate speak about
how fine a job I had done in contributing to the rescue of the worker.
Signed by a vice president and an another executive in charge of safety.

Two days after that I got a card from the worker himself in the regular mail
to my home address. Hand addressed by him and a genuine "blue collar" note
inside, complete with a misspelled word, and signed by him, thanking me from
both him and his wife for my efforts.

I still have the card, I'm not sure if I have the letter anymore.

Write the letter yourself.

Regards,
Howard