Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dallyup2

Default HOW DO YOU CALCULATE AGE BY DATE OF BIRTH I NEED YEARS AND MONTHS

How do you calculate age by a birth date I need years and months... if the
person is not a year old I need to know how many months... if the person is
1yr 2mo I need it to return 1yr 2mo... if the person is only 2mo I need it to
return 2mo.. is there any kind of formula that could work...

Thanks Donna
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dav

If you subract the DOb from today() so if the dob was in cell A1

in b1 put today()-a1

Go to format cell ans select the custom number format then type
yy "years" m "months"

regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Millerk

Use the following formula in the cell you want the age of person to appear.

=DATEDIF(A5, NOW(), "y") & " yr, " & DATEDIF(A5, NOW(), "ym") & " mo"

This formula would be in B5 and the persons DOB would be in A5

Hope this helps.