-   -   HOW DO YOU CALCULATE AGE BY DATE OF BIRTH I NEED YEARS AND MONTHS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/74438-how-do-you-calculate-age-date-birth-i-need-years-months.html)

dallyup2

HOW DO YOU CALCULATE AGE BY DATE OF BIRTH I NEED YEARS AND MONTHS

How do you calculate age by a birth date I need years and months... if the
person is not a year old I need to know how many months... if the person is
1yr 2mo I need it to return 1yr 2mo... if the person is only 2mo I need it to
return 2mo.. is there any kind of formula that could work...

Thanks Donna

Dav

HOW DO YOU CALCULATE AGE BY DATE OF BIRTH I NEED YEARS AND MONTHS

If you subract the DOb from today() so if the dob was in cell A1

in b1 put today()-a1

Go to format cell ans select the custom number format then type
yy "years" m "months"

regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Millerk

HOW DO YOU CALCULATE AGE BY DATE OF BIRTH I NEED YEARS AND MONTHS

Use the following formula in the cell you want the age of person to appear.

=DATEDIF(A5, NOW(), "y") & " yr, " & DATEDIF(A5, NOW(), "ym") & " mo"

This formula would be in B5 and the persons DOB would be in A5

Hope this helps.