Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cheri

Default Formatting names in a list

I know there's a way to change names that are first name last name to a list
that is last name, first name. Can someone help me with this?
Cheri
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

It's not a Excel Formatting thing......and there are several ways to do it,
depending on EXACTLY how the names are arranged. One way is to highlight
the column and do Data TextToColumns and use comma as the
delimiter......this will break the names into two columns and then they can
be CONCATENATED back together in the desired order..........things to watch
out for with any automatic method is middle initials or names, prefixes,
titles, etc.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Cheri" wrote:

I know there's a way to change names that are first name last name to a list
that is last name, first name. Can someone help me with this?
Cheri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

Assume name in A1 with first & last separated by one or more blanks (no
middle name):

in B1:

=TRIM(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1)) ) & " " & TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))