Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Annie23

Default INSERT THE SAME WORD IN FRONT OF EACH ROW

I have a spreadsheet with 2,608 rows, I need to enter the works "programmable
controller" in front the words already in each row. How could I do this
without having to enter in each row?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Francois via OfficeKB.com

Annie23 wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with 2,608 rows, I need to enter the works "programmable
controller" in front the words already in each row. How could I do this
without having to enter in each row?

Make sure you have a blank col to left of the sheet

Then, for example, enter "programmable controller "&A2 into cell A1.
Then copy down as far as you want.

You'll get the idea after you've played with it a bit

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi Annie

If you are saying you have text in column A1:A2608, and you would like
to have the words "programmable controller" in front of each word (or
sentence) then, in an empty column enter (maybe column B)
="Programmable controller "&A1
Copy down the column to row 2608 by double clicking on the fill handle
(the small black cross you see when you hover over the bottom right of a
cell).
Then, copy this new block of data and place your cursor in cell A1 and
Paste SpecialValues

You can then delete column B

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Annie23" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with 2,608 rows, I need to enter the works
"programmable
controller" in front the words already in each row. How could I do
this
without having to enter in each row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Select the cells and then pull-down:

Format Cells... Number Custom and replace general with "programmable
controller" @
--
Gary's Student

"Annie23" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 2,608 rows, I need to enter the works "programmable
controller" in front the words already in each row. How could I do this
without having to enter in each row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Francois via OfficeKB.com

Gary''s Student wrote:
Select the cells and then pull-down:

Format Cells... Number Custom and replace general with "programmable
controller" @
I have a spreadsheet with 2,608 rows, I need to enter the works "programmable
controller" in front the words already in each row. How could I do this
without having to enter in each row?

One point about this method, the contents of the cell is not changed, ie
you can't extract the "programme controller" part.

it will however print to hard copy