Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Default INSERT THE SAME WORD IN FRONT OF EACH ROW

Hi Annie

If you are saying you have text in column A1:A2608, and you would like
to have the words "programmable controller" in front of each word (or
sentence) then, in an empty column enter (maybe column B)
="Programmable controller "&A1
Copy down the column to row 2608 by double clicking on the fill handle
(the small black cross you see when you hover over the bottom right of a
cell).
Then, copy this new block of data and place your cursor in cell A1 and
Paste SpecialValues

You can then delete column B

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Annie23" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with 2,608 rows, I need to enter the works
"programmable
controller" in front the words already in each row. How could I do
this
without having to enter in each row?