Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sparx

Default List All Worksheets in Workbook

Can anybody help by providing a formula or macro that will list all the
worksheets in a workbook regardless if I add some new worksheets at a
later stage - I want to be able to see in one sheet - all the available
worksheets that make up my workbook.

--
sparx
sparx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16787

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Here is some code

Option Explicit

Private Sub Workbook_NewSheet(ByVal Sh As Object)
ListSheets
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
List Sheets
End Sub

Private Sub ListSheets()
Dim wsh As Worksheet
Dim Sh As Object
Dim i As Long

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.EnableEvents = False

On Error Resume Next
Set wsh = Worksheets("ListAll")
On Error GoTo 0

On Error GoTo ListSheets_exit

If Not wsh Is Nothing Then
wsh.Cells.ClearContents
Else
Set wsh = Worksheets.Add
wsh.Name = "ListAll"
End If

For Each Sh In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
If Sh.Name < wsh.Name Then
i = i + 1
wsh.Cells(i, "A").Value = Sh.Name
End If
Next Sh

wsh.Activate

Set wsh = Nothing
Set Sh = Nothing

ListSheets_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

'This is workbook event code.

HTH

Bob Phillips

"sparx" wrote in
message ...

Can anybody help by providing a formula or macro that will list all the
worksheets in a workbook regardless if I add some new worksheets at a
later stage - I want to be able to see in one sheet - all the available
worksheets that make up my workbook.

--
sparx
sparx's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=517213

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dav

If you create a sheet on which the list will appear as the first sheet
in your workbook, the following Macro will work

Sub Countsheets()
Sheets(1).Select

For x = 2 To Sheets.Count
Cells(x, 1).Select
Selection.Value = UCase(Sheets(x).Name)
Next x
End Sub

If you wish for the first sheet to be included change x=2 to x=1

You could set it up on a button on the first sheet so you click the
button to update the sheet

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

here is a great code from two greats!
insert this code in a module and assign a button to it, even create a
button in the toolbars.
When you click on the button a list of your sheets will pop up, you can
even click on one of the sheets in the list and you will go there.

Sub SheetList_CP()
'Chip Pearson, 2002-10-29, misc., %23ByZYZ3fCHA.1308%40tkmsftngp11
'Dave Peterson, same date/thread, 3DBF0BA8.4DAE9DA0%40msn.com
On Error Resume Next
Application.CommandBars("Workbook Tabs").Controls("More
Sheets...").Execute
If Err.Number 0 Then
Err.Clear
Application.CommandBars("Workbook Tabs").ShowPopup
End If
On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

for more on sheets check out this site
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm

Here's another code you might like, insert it in your worksheet module
Whatever the value you have in Cell A1, will be your sheet name, just
interesting!

If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
If Target.Value < "" Then
Me.Name = Target.Value

davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=517213

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

Bob Phillips Wrote:
Here is some code

Option Explicit

Private Sub Workbook_NewSheet(ByVal Sh As Object)
ListSheets
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
List Sheets
[...]

List Sheets
End Sub

Hi Bob

I get a sub not defined at this point, when I open the workbook, should
the list sheets macro be in a regular module?
nope just tried it, still says undefined sub or function

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=517213

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

No, it is fine in Thisworkbook, but the workbook procedures must be in
ThisWorkbook as shown, but it would help if I hadn't included a space in the
open procedure

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ListSheets

HTH

Bob Phillips

"davesexcel" wrote
in message ...

Hi Bob

I get a sub not defined at this point, when I open the workbook, should
the list sheets macro be in a regular module?
nope just tried it, still says undefined sub or function

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=517213

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer, Optional MyTime As Date) As String
TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name
End Function

In a column, you use this UDF to return 1st, 2nd, etc sheet name - like this

A1=IF(ISERROR(TABI(ROW(),NOW())),"",TABI(ROW()))
(and copy down)

"sparx" wrote in
message ...

Can anybody help by providing a formula or macro that will list all the
worksheets in a workbook regardless if I add some new worksheets at a
later stage - I want to be able to see in one sheet - all the available
worksheets that make up my workbook.

--
sparx
sparx's Profile: