Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brisbane Rob

Default Selection by month

Hi

I have a workbook with six sheets numbered 1 thru 6, each representing
one of 6 depots.

Each sheet has in column A the dates from 1/1 to 12/31 (excluding
weekends). Columns B & C have units manufactured and value of units
manufactured, whilst columns D & E have units sold and value of units
sold. Columns B thru E are read in by lookups from the depots daily
production and sales returns.

I need to extract an array which will allow me to chart whatever the
users select from a menu offering

Depot - from one of six option buttons
Sales Units - by check box
Sales Value - by check box
Production Units - by check box
Production Value - by check box
Month (from a drop-down menu)

I can work out how to do it all except bring through the month. i.e.
the user selects February or November.

Any ideas?

Thanks

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25096

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi Rob

I think I would be inclined to copy all 6 sets of 260 rows to a fresh
sheet, adding an additional column and filling that with the Depot name
as I copied across each block.
Then create a Pivot Table on the complete set of data, and a pivot
Chart. You can select any criteria you want to create your chart.
For more help on Pivot Tables take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site, and
scroll down to the section on Pivot Tables
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Regards

Roger Govier

[...]