Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeanne

Default How do I create multiple columns within one column?

IncExcel, how do I create multiple columns within one column? I have a block
of rows within one column and I need to create at least two columns. Is it
possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

Suppose the data is in A1:A100
Move to A51, select A51:A100 with mouse, use copy; move to b1 and use Paste

Or do you have data like this
John Smith
and you want John in one cell, Smith in another?
If so experiment with he Data|Text to columns feature

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Jeanne" wrote in message
IncExcel, how do I create multiple columns within one column? I have a
block
of rows within one column and I need to create at least two columns. Is
it
possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeanne

Thank you for responding. The data I have is for example: Fees
#/mo.

$40 5

5 3

etc. in B12-14, and I would like to break up the Fees into one column and
#/mo. in another without disturbing the original B column.

"Jeanne" wrote in message
IncExcel, how do I create multiple columns within one column? I have a
block
of rows within one column and I need to create at least two columns. Is
it
possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

You need to select the whole column of data; use menu command Data |Text to
Columns;
I would use delimited by size - drag the diving line to the correct place;
it that does not work try by spaces
One problem might arise: the numbers may end up as text. We can fix that
later.
Let us know if you are able to break the data into two columns
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme