Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
roger_home

Default how would you do this?

I have a spreadsheet that has 3 or 4 rows per client and multiple
clients. The rows are not together by client, but in different places
on worksheet, and because I wanted visually to look at the sheet and at
a glance see where the parts are, I colored each clients different rows
the same color. The problem is that the worksheet is confusing...too
many colors and because EXCEL is limited in colors, some clients have
the same colored rows. Its just not working. How would others
differiniate the rows of a client, but keep the worksheet not a jumble
of colors. (The rows cannot be kept together by client.)

--
roger_home
roger_home's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16434

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

I would color every other client a light shade of blue, or light
yellow

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tony h

It seems like a mad idea but you must have your reasons. But some mad
ideas work well. A bit like the pogostick.

I assume you are looking to colour the spreadsheet to compare and
contrast easily different clients.

You could have at the top of the sheet a colour selection arae so that
you find the client (or two or three you want) choose the colours and
then dynamically change the colours on all the appropriate rows. When
you want to look at a new client change the colouring.

To choose the client and colours I would (probably) colour the cells in
the selection area and use a drop down list to select the client to be
that colour. Then use a button to run a macro to find the relevant
client lines and colour them.

Regards,
Anthony

PS don't forget to undo the colouring before the next run of the macro!

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074