Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JM

Default Making one cell change with each spreadsheet use?

I use a simple spreadsheet for invoicing. Each time I create a new invoice,
I save it as the customer name and date, leaving my invoice template
unchanged. The template has my company name, logo, some basic info, some
formatted lines, boxes, etc. I want all that to stay the same every time,
and I want all my cells for part number, price, customer name, etc to be
blank when I open the invoice template.

However, is there a way I can get the template to reflect the next or
itself," for lack of a better way of putting it, so I don't have to look
elsewhere to figure out what my last invoice number was and what my next
invoice number should be.

I feel like I didn't explain that very well. Please tell me what I left
out.

thank you,

jm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You may want to read J.E. McGimpsey's notes:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

He's got a few options in there.

--

Dave Peterson