Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
chockee

Default using if and or formulas

Hello there,

I am wondering if anyone can help. I am working on a sheet and I need
to be able to do a " if and or formula"

To explain

I am calulating formulas based on product lines

Product 1 - is always a fixed price
Product 2 - to work out the unit price a division needs to be made

All the additional figures for divisions are on the sheet but The
division formula is not a problem. So heres the example of what I am
trying to

If in D7 you select Product 1 as you already have the fixed unit price
in J7 it will copy the price to L7

But if in D7 if you select Product 2 it will do the division from other
rows
=(M7/Q7*1000) and will display the correct unit price in L7

So an "either or type equation"

Any help really appreciated

--
chockee
chockee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31886

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

In L7 enter something like:

=IF(D7="Product 1",J7,M7/Q7*1000)

--
Jim
"chockee" wrote in

| Hello there,
|
| I am wondering if anyone can help. I am working on a sheet and I need
| to be able to do a " if and or formula"
|
| To explain
|
| I am calulating formulas based on product lines
|
| Product 1 - is always a fixed price
| Product 2 - to work out the unit price a division needs to be made
|
| All the additional figures for divisions are on the sheet but The
| division formula is not a problem. So heres the example of what I am
| trying to
|
| If in D7 you select Product 1 as you already have the fixed unit price
| in J7 it will copy the price to L7
|
| But if in D7 if you select Product 2 it will do the division from other
| rows
| =(M7/Q7*1000) and will display the correct unit price in L7
|
| So an "either or type equation"
|
| Any help really appreciated
|

| --
| chockee
| chockee's Profile:
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=516133

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
chockee

Jim, thanks for the reply

I was wondering was if I implement

=IF(D7="Product 1",J7,M7/Q7*1000)

As I am looking to work against 2 products

would it look like

=IF(D7="Product 1",J7,M7/Q7*1000)(D7="Product 2",=H7) so that the fixed
price items are transferred across

Hope I am making sense :)

--
chockee
chockee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31886
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=516133

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

My formula says in words: If the product named in D7 is "Product 1" and
return the fixed price in J7. If it's not "Product 1" then return the value
of the formula M7/Q7*1000.

Since you mentioned only 2 products the "else" product would have to be
"Product 2" so there is no need to mention it specifically.

--
Jim
"chockee" wrote in