Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Phil

Default Can Excel remember where you were in the spreadsheet?

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet that has grown from <500 rows to more than 3500. What
I'd like to know is if there is a way to have it so that Excel can remember
from where you were earlier in the session. Alot of times, I have to bounce
around so many different areas on the spreadsheet, and sometimes it would be
nice if I could just click "back" or "forward", similarly to when browsing on
the web, because I can't remember where I just was during the editing/input
session.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Phil.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge

Phil

There is no built in functionality, it could be done with code and the
worksheet_selectionChange event but it would need to be restricted to the
number of levels, the addresses could be stored on a hidden sheet, but may
be a bit ugly in implementation.

Certainly possible, but not simply

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Phil" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet that has grown from <500 rows to more than 3500.
What
I'd like to know is if there is a way to have it so that Excel can
remember
from where you were earlier in the session. Alot of times, I have to
bounce
around so many different areas on the spreadsheet, and sometimes it would
be
nice if I could just click "back" or "forward", similarly to when browsing
on
the web, because I can't remember where I just was during the
editing/input
session.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Phil.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Phil

Nick,

That figures. Oh well, you'd think by now Microsoft could've seen some
benefit to addressing this problem, as I'd bet I'm not the only one who'd
want something like this.

Thanks for your reply anyway.