Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
trav

Default questions regarding range's

I have several questions:

I have three worksheets that are doing multiple vlookup s .

it is a pain to go through and set the range for all of them,

is there a way i can have a macro go through and set a named range for
a range with the same value for column A,

EB101 CAN THE ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE GBA02027BL
EB101 CAN THE ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE PST08008
EB101 CAN THE ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE PST39925
EB101 CAN THE ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE PST75133
EB101 CAN THE ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE PST75167
EB101 CAN THE ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE XBX49915
EB101 CAN THE ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE XBX49915BL

so that would be range eb101

SG104 CAN SOLUTIONS TO GO PST39931
SG104 CAN SOLUTIONS TO GO XBX49916

so that would be range sg104
and so on..

the spread sheet is sorted based on column A,

My second question is can you set a range and do a macro that sets
every cell with a numerical value with a background color of 6,
I know how to do this by running through every cell in a loop, but is
there a better way

third question
Kind of relates to the second question, can i set a range and for every
cell that has a formula error in it, and clear the cell.

Final question
is there a way that i can go through and trim() all the cells of a
spreadsheet, or of a column.

I know thats kind of a lot of question, but they are all kind of
related to the same thing, how to do _blank_ to a range of cells.

thank you in advance
trav

--
trav