Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Frederique38

Default How can I automatically rearrange cells to my specifications?

I have data that is in three separate columns and I want to merge the
information into one column where the information would be identical to
reading it left to right in three columns. (Kind of like if I wanted to take
a page from a book and stack all the words vertically while maintaining their
order.) I'm trying to avoid simply repositioning each cell and was wondering
if there was any way it could be done automatically. If anyone could help it
would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Starting at row 1
in column 4

=A1 & " " & B1 & " " & C1

copy down the page.

Mark E. Philpot
MacroSoftly - MEP

"Frederique38" wrote:

I have data that is in three separate columns and I want to merge the
information into one column where the information would be identical to
reading it left to right in three columns. (Kind of like if I wanted to take
a page from a book and stack all the words vertically while maintaining their
order.) I'm trying to avoid simply repositioning each cell and was wondering
if there was any way it could be done automatically. If anyone could help it
would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Frederique38

Thanks a lot for the help. I tried what you said and I guess I was somewhat
cryptic but what I want to to is stack a column with the information reading
(down the column) A1 B1 C1 A2 B2 C2 A3 B3 C3 etc. I have three columns and
want to reorder the information in the three columns into one.

Thanks so much for the other feedback and if you could help me with this
solution it would be much appreciated.

Frederique

"exceluserforeman" wrote:

Starting at row 1
in column 4

=A1 & " " & B1 & " " & C1

copy down the page.

Mark E. Philpot
MacroSoftly - MEP

"Frederique38" wrote:

I have data that is in three separate columns and I want to merge the
information into one column where the information would be identical to
reading it left to right in three columns. (Kind of like if I wanted to take
a page from a book and stack all the words vertically while maintaining their
order.) I'm trying to avoid simply repositioning each cell and was wondering
if there was any way it could be done automatically. If anyone could help it
would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hope your data is arranged in columns
Enter the same formula(ie)A1&" "&B1&" " &C1
Drag the formula across columns to achieve the result
If you want your results to be in rows,then repeat the above and use
the transpose option in pastespecial

For more queries e-mail to

http://groups.google.co.in/group/answers-for-everything