Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
briansetondavis

Default Picture in Excel disappears from screen

My pictures inserted into Excel spreadsheets do not show up on screen (I can
get them to show if I change something using the picture toolbar, but they
disappear again when I move the picture off the screen or do print preview)
but do appear when I print the spreadsheet.

Any ideas why this is happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Not sure but ...

Tools Options Objects ..Show All

"briansetondavis" wrote:

My pictures inserted into Excel spreadsheets do not show up on screen (I can
get them to show if I change something using the picture toolbar, but they
disappear again when I move the picture off the screen or do print preview)
but do appear when I print the spreadsheet.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

There is a way to fix it but I do not have my notes with me and I am at an
Internet cafe where they do not have Excel so I will take a guess.
There is an option button or Tick box in the Insert picture dialog.

"briansetondavis" wrote:

My pictures inserted into Excel spreadsheets do not show up on screen (I can
get them to show if I change something using the picture toolbar, but they
disappear again when I move the picture off the screen or do print preview)
but do appear when I print the spreadsheet.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip

Has anyone found a fix yet? I have the same problem, it's very irritating, to
say the least.
--
chip

"briansetondavis" wrote:

My pictures inserted into Excel spreadsheets do not show up on screen (I can
get them to show if I change something using the picture toolbar, but they
disappear again when I move the picture off the screen or do print preview)
but do appear when I print the spreadsheet.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul

I am also having this problem. The picture disappears when you view in Print
Preview, however it does print. The same thing happens with the SmartArt.

"briansetondavis" wrote:

My pictures inserted into Excel spreadsheets do not show up on screen (I can
get them to show if I change something using the picture toolbar, but they
disappear again when I move the picture off the screen or do print preview)
but do appear when I print the spreadsheet.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Thibault

There is a problem with the Office 2007 graphics system. It is new, so it
doesn't always draw objects correctly. I'm sorry, but I don't know of a way
to fix it. I do know that the Excel product team is aware of the problem and
will fix it before the software is released to market.