Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kevlar3d

Default Re-sort list when opening spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet that pulls information from about 5 other
spreadsheets, and of course this happens automatically each time the
spreadsheet is opened. My question is, is there a way to re-sort the
list each time that information is pulled?

I am trying to make a top 10 list of my salespeople and I am looking
for a way to have it re-sort the list automatically after pulling the
updated information from the other spreadsheets.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

--
kevlar3d
kevlar3d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20428

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You could record a macro that sorts the data the way you want it sorted. Then
incorporate that code in your code that updates the values.

Alternatively, you may want to apply data|Filter|autofilter and just let the
users filter to show the info they need.

kevlar3d wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that pulls information from about 5 other
spreadsheets, and of course this happens automatically each time the
spreadsheet is opened. My question is, is there a way to re-sort the
list each time that information is pulled?

I am trying to make a top 10 list of my salespeople and I am looking
for a way to have it re-sort the list automatically after pulling the
updated information from the other spreadsheets.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

--
kevlar3d
kevlar3d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20428
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=515437

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kevlar3d

I recorded a macro as you suggested and that worked. I dont really
understand the autosort suggestion you had, i will have to read the
docs on autosort.

--
kevlar3d
kevlar3d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20428
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=515437

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Autofilter?

Try this on a test worksheet.
Select a range and do Data|Filter|autofilter.

You'll see arrows in the header rows of your selected range. You can use those
arrows to show just the rows you want to see.