Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
englishmustard

Default Streamlining questionnaire analysis

I would be grateful for any help and advice with this problem. I have
been given the task of designing and distributing a survey
questionnaire using Excel. I anticipate getting 200-300 responses via
email - all of which have to be collated and analysed. Please does
anyone have any tips for efficiently collating input from individual
worksheets into a master worksheet? I was thinking initially of using
check boxes in question response categories on the individual
worksheets but do not know how to capture the results effectively in
the master worksheet. The responses to questions will be subject to
later statistical analysis. Please could someone point me in the right
direction?
Many thanks.

--
englishmustard
englishmustard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31804

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I think I'd use a bunch of linked cells (back to the optionboxes).

And then create a new worksheet (probably hidden) in the survey workbook.

It would consist of at least 3 columns.

A: Name/id of survey taker
B: Question #
C: Linked cell value (response)

Then when I got all those surveys back, I'd put them in a dedicated folder and
then use code to open each workbook and extract the data from that hidden sheet
and combine it into one giant worksheet.

Ron de Bruin has tons of sample code that can do this kind of combining:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

========
You may want to even look at alternate applications. Maybe there's a way to do
this via the web/html stuff (way beyond me). Or even dedicated survey
applications????

englishmustard wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
englishmustard

Thanks for the tips - there's plenty to think about!:)