Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Aurora

Default Gray cell lines

I am using Excel 2000
I am having a senior moment. How do you get excel to print the light gray
lines, around all of the cells, not the black lines. I tried page setup,
but get black lines. I tried format cell and used the little dotted line,
but it still came out dark.
I want the lines to look like they do on the screen. I swear I have done
this before, but just because someone asked me how I do this - I can't think
of what I have done.
Can someone please help me?
Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

Click on FILE in the menu, select PAGE SETUP and click the SHEET tab. Locate
the GRIDLINES check box and turn it on.

Remove the borders, if any. from the cells in the worksheet, otherwise
you'll get the solid black borders.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Aurora" wrote:

I am using Excel 2000
I am having a senior moment. How do you get excel to print the light gray
lines, around all of the cells, not the black lines. I tried page setup,
but get black lines. I tried format cell and used the little dotted line,
but it still came out dark.
I want the lines to look like they do on the screen. I swear I have done
this before, but just because someone asked me how I do this - I can't think
of what I have done.
Can someone please help me?
Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Aurora

Kevin: Thank you for answering, I tried this but still get black lines and
not the gray lines like they appear on the screen. I want what is on the
screen - light gray lines.
Do you have anyother ideas?

Aurora

"Aurora" wrote:

I am using Excel 2000
I am having a senior moment. How do you get excel to print the light gray
lines, around all of the cells, not the black lines. I tried page setup,
but get black lines. I tried format cell and used the little dotted line,
but it still came out dark.
I want the lines to look like they do on the screen. I swear I have done
this before, but just because someone asked me how I do this - I can't think
of what I have done.
Can someone please help me?
Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

It sounds to me like you have border lines around your cells. Go to the
worksheet you're having difficulty with, and press Ctrl + A, which selects
all the cells on the sheet.

From the menu click FORMAT and select CELLS. In the formatting dialog box,
click the BORDERS tab and in the PRESETS panel, click the NONE button to
remove any border lines you might have assigned.

Do a print Preview to see if the solid black border lines have left the
building.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Aurora" wrote:

I am using Excel 2000
I am having a senior moment. How do you get excel to print the light gray
lines, around all of the cells, not the black lines. I tried page setup,
but get black lines. I tried format cell and used the little dotted line,
but it still came out dark.
I want the lines to look like they do on the screen. I swear I have done
this before, but just because someone asked me how I do this - I can't think
of what I have done.
Can someone please help me?
Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Lincoln

If none of the other suggestions work, look for conditional formats in
the affected cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rayo K

Or check the print preview and printer settings. Is your printer setup to
print in grayscale or black and white?

"Mark Lincoln" wrote:

If none of the other suggestions work, look for conditional formats in
the affected cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry

Aurora, I know just what you mean. That has always bothered me too. And the
more you mess with the border settings the farther away you get from what you
want. Are you not wanting to print those nice light gray lines but you want
them to show up on screen like they do before you cleared them somehow? I
haven't figured out the solution yet but wanted you to know someone
understands.