Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wc

Default How do I protect a cell formula from being overwritten

I want to prevent input to a cell to prevent someone from replacing the
formula result with a contsant value.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Leith Ross

Hello Wc,

You need to protect your worksheet. On the menu bar go to Tools |
Protection | Protect Sheet... A dialog will appear giving you
protection options. One of which is using a password to protect the
sheet. You can use a password if you want added protection for the
worksheet.

If there are cells that will be used for inputting data, you will need
to "Unlock" the cells. By default all cells on a worksheet are locked.
This is only in effect when the worksheet is protected. On the menu bar
go to Format | Cells... | Protection (This is a Tab in the dialog) and
click the "Locked" checkbox to clear it.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross