Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abnerz

Default HELP - Linking Information

I'm trying to link info from one tab to another. Here we go again. I hope I
am clear with the example:

Sheet 1: Column A Column B Column C
Building 1 $1,000 Blue
Building 2 $2,000 Red

Sheet 2: would be linked to sheet 1 and would look like this:

Column A Column B
Building 1 $1,000
Building 1 Blue
Building 2 $2,000
Building 2 Red

I have about 500 lines and to manually do each row would take time. If it
can't be done, let me know so that I can move on.

THANKS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I don't think I'd use formulas, but what about some manual work?

Copy sheet1 to sheet2 (A1:Cxxx)
Now copy that data right under the bottom of the data you just pasted.
Yep, you have duplicates.

In the top half, delete the junk in C1:Cxxx
(just select it and hit the delete key)

In the bottom half, select bxxx+1:to the bottom
Edit|Delete|shift to left

Now select A:B and sort by column A.

--

Dave Peterson