Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tksilver

Default Organizing Multiple Workbooks

I use 8-10 workbooks (with 10-20 worksheets each) on a constant basis
all day long. Is there anything that will organize the workbooks in a
similar fashion as the workbook organizes the worksheets? I would love
to have one window open and be able to navigate through all the
workbooks without having to go back and forth on the taskbar. Maybe
some sort of tree view displaying all the workbooks or an extra set of
tabs at the bottom?

--
tksilver
tksilver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31573

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

I can address the task bar issue, but can't start Excel at the moment, so
this is from memory: Tools, Options, and (I think) on the General tab, look
for "Show Windows on Taskbar". UNcheck it. Might be on a different tab, so
click the others if you don't see it. Keep in mind that whether this option
is set or not, you can quickly cycle through all open files using CTRL-F6.
(This does the same with Word, as well as many other programs which can have
multiple files open).

As far as tabs to change sheets, I'm not sure that's possible. But, you
could certainly create VB code that takes you to each file, and attach the
code to custom buttons on the tool bar.

"tksilver" wrote in
message ...

I use 8-10 workbooks (with 10-20 worksheets each) on a constant basis
all day long. Is there anything that will organize the workbooks in a
similar fashion as the workbook organizes the worksheets? I would love
to have one window open and be able to navigate through all the
workbooks without having to go back and forth on the taskbar. Maybe
some sort of tree view displaying all the workbooks or an extra set of
tabs at the bottom?

--
tksilver
tksilver's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512678

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tksilver

Found it! Thanks! That is certainly better than what I have been
doing.