Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dino

Default Repeating Macro

Is there a way to have a macro repeat a specified number of times? For
example, I have a spreadsheet that comes from my accounting software that
has about 30,000 lines. Only the first, fourth, seventh etc line is needed.
From the beginning, I need to move down a row, delete two rows, move down a
row, delete two rows until the entire data is cleaned up. I can record the
macro to delete the two lines, but I don't know how to make it repeat.
Ideas?

Thanks,
Dino

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anne Troy

Dino: Are the rows blank? If, for instance, column B is always blank in the
first, fourth, seventh, then you can:
Select column B.
Hit Edit--Go To--Special, Blank cells, Ok.
Hit Edit--Delete.
Choose Entire Rows. OK.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Dino" wrote in message
Is there a way to have a macro repeat a specified number of times? For
example, I have a spreadsheet that comes from my accounting software that
has about 30,000 lines. Only the first, fourth, seventh etc line is
needed. From the beginning, I need to move down a row, delete two rows,
move down a row, delete two rows until the entire data is cleaned up. I
can record the macro to delete the two lines, but I don't know how to make
it repeat. Ideas?

Thanks,
Dino

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Dino.

Try:

'=============
Public Sub TesterA001()
Dim WB As Workbook
Dim SH As Worksheet
Dim LRow As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim CalcMode As Long

Set WB = ActiveWorkbook '<<===== CHANGE
Set SH = WB.Sheets("Sheet1") '<<===== CHANGE

On Error GoTo XIT

With Application
CalcMode = .Calculation
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With

LRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

Select Case LRow Mod 3
Case 0: LRow = LRow - 1
Case 1: LRow = LRow - 2
End Select

For i = LRow To 1 Step -3
Rows(i).Resize(2, 1).Delete
Next i

XIT:

With Application
.Calculation = CalcMode
.ScreenUpdating = True
End With

End Sub
'<<=============

---
Regards,
Norman

"Dino" wrote in message
Is there a way to have a macro repeat a specified number of times? For
example, I have a spreadsheet that comes from my accounting software that
has about 30,000 lines. Only the first, fourth, seventh etc line is
needed. From the beginning, I need to move down a row, delete two rows,
move down a row, delete two rows until the entire data is cleaned up. I
can record the macro to delete the two lines, but I don't know how to make
it repeat. Ideas?

Thanks,
Dino

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc