Old February 14th 06, 09:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jetlag

Default Convert monthly data into quarterly data?

Does an easy way exist to convert a column of monthly data into a column of
quarterly data (average of months in the quarter)?
THANKS!

Old February 14th 06, 10:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

You might try this:
=SUM(OFFSET($M$3,ROW()*3-9,0,3,1))
Replace $M$3 with the cell address of the first month's data. Replace the 9
with 3*the row number of that first month's data (my example was in row 3;
3*3=9). Autofill that formula down through three more rows.
HTH. --Bruce