Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
harpscardiff

Default URGENT - Calculation not updating

Hi all,

Our company's spreadsheet is not calculating the formulas. Ive checked
the options, its on automatic. There is no vb. Not sure what else to
check.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25960

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anne Troy

This can occur if you have ANOTHER workbook open and its calculation is set
to manual...

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"harpscardiff"
wrote in message
news:harpscardiff.237qsy_1139910300.9767@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi all,

Our company's spreadsheet is not calculating the formulas. Ive checked
the options, its on automatic. There is no vb. Not sure what else to
check.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512161

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gizmo63

Whoa - how timely is this? Exactly the same problem.

- no other workbooks open
- calulation set to auto
- closed and re-opened Excel (sometimes helps)
- will calulate by selecting cell - hit F2 - hit enter. This forces it
through.

Any other ideas please!!!!!!!!!!

wrote in message
news:harpscardiff.237qsy_1139910300.9767@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi all,

Our company's spreadsheet is not calculating the formulas. Ive checked
the options, its on automatic. There is no vb. Not sure what else to
check.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512161

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
harpscardiff

Thanks for reply,

I've closed excel - so there are not excel file running.
Opened just the one file, but still getting the same thing, even though
it on automatic?

Thanks

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25960
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512161

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anne Troy

Need versions, guys. Also, are these user-defined (VBA) functions? Or just
regular functions/formulas? There are some known issues with Excel 97 and
UDFs.
Others may be able to help, but I don't think I could without seeing a
workbook.
************

wrote in message
news:harpscardiff.237v7b_1139916001.0867@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Thanks for reply,

I've closed excel - so there are not excel file running.
Opened just the one file, but still getting the same thing, even though
it on automatic?

Thanks

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512161

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gizmo63

If this isn't the problem here is a freaky workaround that DOES NOT resolve
the core problem but will at least give you working formulas (assuming any
protection is removed.

1. Select the entire spreadsheet
2. Edit - Replace. Search for "=" Replace with "equalsign"
3. Then reverse. Replace "equalsign" with "=".

Effectivly all the formulas are turned into text strings and then converted
back to formulas.
It works, it's not ideal but..........if you need numbers.
Be safe - save it before trying this!

Someone will have the answer to the core problem, I'm sure.

wrote in message
news:harpscardiff.237qsy_1139910300.9767@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi all,

Our company's spreadsheet is not calculating the formulas. Ive checked
the options, its on automatic. There is no vb. Not sure what else to
check.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512161

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gizmo63

Excel 2003 SP1 running in XP Office

Regular formulae. It's not re-ocurring now so prob put it down as "a feature
of the system".

Giz

wrote in message
news:harpscardiff.237v7b_1139916001.0867@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Thanks for reply,

I've closed excel - so there are not excel file running.
Opened just the one file, but still getting the same thing, even though
it on automatic?

Thanks

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512161

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Charles Williams

Try Ctrl-Alt-F9 to force a full calculation.

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.1 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"harpscardiff"
wrote in message
news:harpscardiff.237qsy_1139910300.9767@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi all,

Our company's spreadsheet is not calculating the formulas. Ive checked
the options, its on automatic. There is no vb. Not sure what else to
check.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512161

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
harpscardiff

I'm running excel 2003, xp (sp2)
tried all of the above.
no udf's
I also had to reboot the PC and restart excel to get it working, but
then its stops after a while!

Someone must have the key???

Cheers

--