Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
anandmr65

Default Protected sheet accepting values from List

Hi,

I have protected a workesheet. But the user is able to enter the values
if selected from the lists(validation lists) and it does not allow any
data entry if the user directly enters any value into the cell. Is
there any way we can prevent the data entry into Protected worksheet
from lists also?

I am using excel 2000.

Please revert.

Thanks & Regards
Anand

--
anandmr65
anandmr65's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30728

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EdMac

Check if the cell with the list in it is protected and when you protect
the sheet make sure you uncheck the box 'select locked cells'

Ed

--
EdMac
EdMac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30736

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
anandmr65

Ed,

Thanks for the reply.

When I chosse the "Tools - Protection-Protect Sheet" option I am not
getting the option suggested by you 'select locked cells'. Only getting
a small window with Objects/Scenarios & Contents to be checked.

The cells that have the lists have the Format -Cells - Protection
-"Locked" option checked.

Please let me know if I have missed something.

Thanks & Regards
Anand

--
anandmr65
anandmr65's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30728
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=512068

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EdMac

Anand,

I am using Excel 2002, if yours is earlier version it may not be the
same.

When I go TOOLS protection protect sheet I have a box that contains
a checkbox at the top which should be checked and asks for password and
about 20 things that can/cannot be allowed including 'select locked
cells'.

If yours is not the same - I am not sure what the answer is - you may
need to post again to get another response.

Ed