Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
milleroy

Default Sum Duplicates

Hi I really need some help with htis one - Please !

I have a table with 5 columns.
I want to use VB to look for a duplicate in column D, when one (or
more) is found, add up the duplicates in column E and delete the
unwanted rows. As in example

column D column E
Prod 1 2
Prod 2 3
Prod 3 56
Prod 3 44
Prod 3 10
Prod 1 33
Prod 1 67

What I would like it to show is

column D column E
Prod 1 2
Prod 2 3
Prod 3 110
Prod 1 100

Any suggestions ?

--
milleroy
milleroy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29870

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

How about just Data|Subtotals.

Then hide the details by using the outlining symbols to the left.

milleroy wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
milleroy

Hi
Yes that does work but when I copy data to a 2nd sheet it gives all
data and I have to manually remove the extra lines.
With over 1000 entries this is a problem!

I still think VB is the answer but cannot solve it.