Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sizerd

Default How can I reduce the size of my Excel file without zipping it?

I have some rather large excel files (16 MB) and woud like any tips you have
to reduce them. I've already removed links and checked that there was no
formatting accross the entire workspace. Are there any other simple
house-keeping tips out there?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

It is possible that Excel thinks the last used cell is farther
down that it really is. Select the row header of the line after
the last cell you use in your workbook, hold down the SHIFT key
and press the END button then the DOWN ARROW button. Right-click
a row header while these cells are selected and choose the DELETE
option. (Using the DELETE key won't do it.) This will cause Excel
to truly delete the rows, rather than clearing their contents.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson