Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gilles Desjardins

Default PivotTables and OLAP sources

Hi everyone,

Using Excel 2003, a cube database (extension .cub) with a pivot table. The
OLAP database is 1,000 rows deep and 13 columns wide. Therefore only 13,000
cells. A PivotTable should handle this easily. When I expand all the levels,
I get the following message:

"Excel cannot display this PivotTable report. The row area has more than
65,536 items, or the column area has more than 16,384 items."

I thought the there were only 256 columns in Excel And I thought that a
pivot table could only display 8,000 elements from a database. Can anyone
explain the above error message to me?

Thank you for your time,

Gilles Desjardins