Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Martin

Default Delete Buttons

Is there some automated way to delete buttons from a sheet? Due to some
"clever" copying on my part from sheet to sheet, and the magic of powers of two,
I find that I have buttons replicated hundreds deep on sheets. (2 deep on one
sheet, 4 on the next, then 8, 16, 32, etc.) One right over top of the other so
it wasn't visible until I began to get strange performance problems.

Right clicking them and hitting "cut" to remove them is a most cumbersome task
given how many there are stacked on top of each other.

Thanks.

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Maybe this will work for you:

Select one of the sheets
EditGo toClick the [Special...] button
Check: Objects
Click the [OK] button

That should select ALL of the objects on that sheet

If you want to keep one of them...
Hold down the [Ctrl] key and click on any one of the buttons to de-select it.
If there are other objects you want to retain, de-select them too.
Then press the [Delete] key to remove the rest.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Bill Martin" wrote:

Is there some automated way to delete buttons from a sheet? Due to some
"clever" copying on my part from sheet to sheet, and the magic of powers of two,
I find that I have buttons replicated hundreds deep on sheets. (2 deep on one
sheet, 4 on the next, then 8, 16, 32, etc.) One right over top of the other so
it wasn't visible until I began to get strange performance problems.

Right clicking them and hitting "cut" to remove them is a most cumbersome task
given how many there are stacked on top of each other.

Thanks.

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Martin

That looks like it will do the trick. Thanks Ron.

Bill