Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tracey

Default ATP add-in *is* installed but randbetween still doesn't work

for clarification from my previous thread, I do have the ATP installed
- I'm using Excel 2003 but the randbetween still doesn't work. I
checked the help to see if it's now in a different add-in but it still
directs the user to that add-in for use with this function. Any ideas?
I restarted my computer too just to be sure and still nothing, still
get #name?
Many thanks!!

--
Tracey
Tracey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1499

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fisk

I hate to bring back a thread from the dead, but I have the same
question.

I found this thread by searching (see, some newbies do use the search
feature), and I have excatly the same problem. I have a buddy that
has been using a spreadsheet in excel 2k with the =RANDBETWEEN(1,259)
and it has no problems. I upgraded him to office 2k3 and the same
worksheet throws an error "this formula contains unrecognized text".
The ATP add in is installed.

Any suggestions?

fisk

--
fisk
fisk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33590

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fisk

I've got office 2k and 2k3 installed side by side on the same test box.
I open a spreadsheet in 2k and it works fine and displays properly. I
open the same spreadsheet in excel 2k3 and I get the above mentioned
error message and it says #NAME? in the cell.

I've confirmed that the ATP is checked and i've taken sp2 update and
all other updates I can find.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

fisk

--
fisk
fisk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33590
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510829

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Lincoln

I found this on the Microsoft Knowledgebase:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291058/en-us

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fisk

Mark, thanks a million. I rarely use the ms knowledge base and didnt
even think about looking there.

For the benefit of anyone searching on this topic in the future, here's
what fixed it. All I needed to do was reapply the formula after the
addin was installed. I did a find and replace with the equal sign.
find = replace with = and then click on "replace all"
That reapplied the formulas and they worked fine.

fisk.