PokerZan

Default Converting Date to Work Week...

Hello,

I'm trying to convert a colum of entry dates to work weeks. I have a
helper row for month and year but I do not know if there is a quick way
(or a built in formula in excel) to determine the "work week" (within a
month).

For example:

ENTRY DATE: Month: Work Week:
8/26/05 August 4
8/19/05 August 3

etc.

Is there a formula that I can drag down this list of about 1,800 rows
with all different months?

Thanks,

PZan

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480

Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:47:19 -0500, PokerZan
wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to convert a colum of entry dates to work weeks. I have a
helper row for month and year but I do not know if there is a quick way
(or a built in formula in excel) to determine the "work week" (within a
month).

For example:

ENTRY DATE: Month: Work Week:
8/26/05 August 4
8/19/05 August 3

etc.

Is there a formula that I can drag down this list of about 1,800 rows
with all different months?

Thanks,

PZan

It's probably possible, but you will have to define

" 'work week' (within a month)"

In other words, what is your definition of the first day of the first week?
What day does the week change?

August is too easy, since 1 Aug 2005 was a Monday.

What week is 1 Sep 2005?
What week is 5 Sep 2005?

--ron

PokerZan

Well thanks guys, I was able to dig up a work around.

I am using WEEKNUM to calculate annual weeks, then use the common weeks
to gather my data on a weekly basis. When I thought about it a bit more
having it broken down into monthly work weeks wasn't exactly necessary,
the entry date just had to be in the same week (common).

WEEKNUM is a great little tool that I had not used up to this point,
but RTFM'd week number in help and it worked like a charm.

All the best!

PZan

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=400134

Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:46:28 -0500, PokerZan
wrote:

Well thanks guys, I was able to dig up a work around.

I am using WEEKNUM to calculate annual weeks, then use the common weeks
to gather my data on a weekly basis. When I thought about it a bit more
having it broken down into monthly work weeks wasn't exactly necessary,
the entry date just had to be in the same week (common).

WEEKNUM is a great little tool that I had not used up to this point,
but RTFM'd week number in help and it worked like a charm.

All the best!

PZan

The only problem with WEEKNUM, which may or may not be a problem for you but
you should be aware of, is that there is a standard ISO weeknumber; and WEEKNUM
does not conform to this specification.

If this is an issue, post back.

--ron