Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Monk

Default Resetting the Filter Function ..

I reckon the answer is going to be Nope, but see if you can prove me wrong€¦

I wish to be able to reset the Filter Function without the need of having to
click on the filter itself.
I know Im probably being somewhat too fussy , but the filter is always set
to filter out the same attribute as its this that changes (rather then the
need to manually changing on the filter)..

Im sure I have seen a spreadsheet in the past which has a built in Macro
that provides a on page Reset button to reset filters & formulas on the
page.. Any Ideas ??

Many thanks,
J.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You can add an icon to your favorite toolbar.

Tools|Customize|commands tab|data category.
look for Show All and drag it to a toolbar.

(I've also added the autofilter "funnel" icon right next to it.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Monk

Thanks Dave for the input..

This would be a great idea if I wasnt so fickle..
Im really trying to find away of changing the filter results without the
need of clicking on it (Ay.. I hear you say..?)

Basically the filter is set to filter out all rows that represent the number
€˜1 (no other filter result needed)
The cells (B1:D350) which contain this number €˜1 are actually a formula and
depending on details specified in a completely separate cell (A1), will
depend if the formula results show the number €˜1€˜ or something different (so
ignored by filter).

Currently when cell €˜A1 changes, the formula/rows all change accordingly,
but the filter results remain the same until you reclick the filter again.

Some form of refresh button would be desirable (maybe not possible).. !
Any ideas..
J.