Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Building Model Sailboats is great fun

Default How: List in col D whichever number greater; B4 or varying # in Co

Seek help in Excel,
How can a list of numbers be generated in Column D representing the greater
of either a fixed number, say "B4" and a varying list of numbers in column C?
Thank you
Jim Moore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trevor Shuttleworth

Jim

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do but maybe this will help:

=MAX($B$4,C:C)

or do you mean something like:

in cell D1: =MAX($B$4,C1) (and drag down)
in cell D2: =MAX($B$4,C2) (and so on)

Regards

Trevor

"Building Model Sailboats is great fun" <Building Model Sailboats is great
wrote in message
Seek help in Excel,
How can a list of numbers be generated in Column D representing the
greater
of either a fixed number, say "B4" and a varying list of numbers in
column C?
Thank you
Jim Moore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

How about:

=MAX($B$4,C1)
copied down

HTH
Jean-Guy

wrote in message
Seek help in Excel,
How can a list of numbers be generated in Column D representing the
greater
of either a fixed number, say "B4" and a varying list of numbers in
column C?
Thank you
Jim Moore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Building Model Sailboats is great fun

Trevor,
Thank you. This is first time I've entered this help group. It's great.
I will now enter(=MAX($B$4,C1) in column D.
Then I'll copy the above and paste in all of column D.
This will give me what i wanted.