-   -   How: List in col D whichever number greater; B4 or varying # in Co (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/70394-how-list-col-d-whichever-number-greater%3B-b4-varying-co.html)

Building Model Sailboats is great fun

How: List in col D whichever number greater; B4 or varying # in Co

Seek help in Excel,
How can a list of numbers be generated in Column D representing the greater
of either a fixed number, say "B4" and a varying list of numbers in column C?
Thank you
Jim Moore

Trevor Shuttleworth

List in col D whichever number greater; B4 or varying # in Co

Jim

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do but maybe this will help:

=MAX($B$4,C:C)

or do you mean something like:

in cell D1: =MAX($B$4,C1) (and drag down)
in cell D2: =MAX($B$4,C2) (and so on)

Regards

Trevor

"Building Model Sailboats is great fun" <Building Model Sailboats is great
wrote in message
Seek help in Excel,
How can a list of numbers be generated in Column D representing the
greater
of either a fixed number, say "B4" and a varying list of numbers in
column C?
Thank you
Jim Moore

pinmaster

List in col D whichever number greater; B4 or varying # in Co

How about:

=MAX($B$4,C1)
copied down

HTH
Jean-Guy

wrote in message
Seek help in Excel,
How can a list of numbers be generated in Column D representing the
greater
of either a fixed number, say "B4" and a varying list of numbers in
column C?
Thank you
Jim Moore

Building Model Sailboats is great fun

List in col D whichever number greater; B4 or varying # in Co

Trevor,
Thank you. This is first time I've entered this help group. It's great.
I will now enter(=MAX($B$4,C1) in column D.
Then I'll copy the above and paste in all of column D.
This will give me what i wanted.