Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RSantos

Default VLOOKUP with 2 conditions

HI

Iエve seen many solutions in the forum to use 2 or more conditions,
however either tehy donエt aply to my problem or I canエt understand
them. I need to get, for example, the value of col C based on the
values of col A and B.

Can anybody help?

Is there a way to do it with VBA?

Thaks

--
RSantos
RSantos's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31240

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

=INDEX(C1:C10,MATCH(1,(A1:A10="x")*(B1:B10="y"),0) )

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

where x and y are the 2 criteria for A and B

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"RSantos" wrote in
message ...

HI

Iエve seen many solutions in the forum to use 2 or more conditions,
however either tehy donエt aply to my problem or I canエt understand
them. I need to get, for example, the value of col C based on the
values of col A and B.

Can anybody help?

Is there a way to do it with VBA?

Thaks

--
RSantos
RSantos's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509663

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pedro AM

Hi Peo

I am trying to apply the formula that you showed here but it does not work
on mine.
The message, by the way, is that I cant use array formulas in merged cells
but I have no merged cells at all.do you have any ideas of why?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=INDEX(C1:C10,MATCH(1,(A1:A10="x")*(B1:B10="y"),0) )

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

where x and y are the 2 criteria for A and B

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"RSantos" wrote in
message ...

HI

Iツエve seen many solutions in the forum to use 2 or more conditions,
however either tehy donツエt aply to my problem or I canツエt understand
them. I need to get, for example, the value of col C based on the
values of col A and B.

Can anybody help?

Is there a way to do it with VBA?

Thaks

--
RSantos
RSantos's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509663

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Select the range that contains the formula
Format|cells|Alignment tab
Make sure Merge is not checked/or is clear.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pedro AM

Dave

The formula that you told me here has worked out quite well so far for me
until now. I get a "FALSE" return and I have no idea as to why.

Is there anything you can think of?
it has exactly the same setting as all the other cells (around 50 lines over
5 columns with same formula).

thanks

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=INDEX(C1:C10,MATCH(1,(A1:A10="x")*(B1:B10="y"),0) )

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

where x and y are the 2 criteria for A and B

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"RSantos" wrote in
message ...

HI

Iテつエve seen many solutions in the forum to use 2 or more conditions,
however either tehy donテつエt aply to my problem or I canテつエt understand
them. I need to get, for example, the value of col C based on the
values of col A and B.

Can anybody help?

Is there a way to do it with VBA?

Thaks

--
RSantos
RSantos's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509663

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

The thread has aged off (for me).

It sounds like you're using some sort of =if() function without the final
condition:

=if(something,trueportion,falseportion)

If you don't put something in that false portion, you'll see False.