Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default VLOOKUP with 2 conditions

Select the range that contains the formula
Format|cells|Alignment tab
Make sure Merge is not checked/or is clear.

Pedro AM wrote:

Hi Peo

I am trying to apply the formula that you showed here but it does not work
on mine.
The message, by the way, is that I cant use array formulas in merged cells
but I have no merged cells at all.do you have any ideas of why?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=INDEX(C1:C10,MATCH(1,(A1:A10="x")*(B1:B10="y"),0) )

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

where x and y are the 2 criteria for A and B

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"RSantos" wrote in
message ...

HI

I´ve seen many solutions in the forum to use 2 or more conditions,
however either tehy don´t aply to my problem or I can´t understand
them. I need to get, for example, the value of col C based on the
values of col A and B.

Can anybody help?

Is there a way to do it with VBA?

Thaks