Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scott

Default Make it so a new session of Excel opens with each file in 2002?

I used to have Excel 2003, which basically opens a new session of Excel for
each file I have open. Can that be setup in Excel 2002?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Try this:

ToolsOptionsView tab
Check: Windows in Taskbar

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Scott" wrote:

I used to have Excel 2003, which basically opens a new session of Excel for
each file I have open. Can that be setup in Excel 2002?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"Scott" wrote in message
I used to have Excel 2003, which basically opens a new session of Excel for
each file I have open. Can that be setup in Excel 2002?

In Excel 2000, I've seen the behavior you're talking about, but Excel really
isn't opening a new session for each file. That would require enormous
amounts of resources. What it's really doing is showing each file on the
task bar, and opening a separate window for each, as well. This is
controlled by:

Tools, Options, click the View tab, and check the "Windows in Taskbar"
setting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scott

Ron,