Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sian

Default How can I increase the cell data in several columns by 15%

I have been given a worksheet in which all the figures in 12 columns need to
be increased by 15% and can't figure out what the correct formula would be -
any help much appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Philip Reece-Heal

If the value to be increased was in A1, use a formula in an adjacent
column:- =A1*1.15 and copy that formula down for all cells that you need
Regards
Philip

"Sian" wrote in message
I have been given a worksheet in which all the figures in 12 columns need
be increased by 15% and can't figure out what the correct formula would
be -
any help much appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sian

Thanks, unfortunately that doesn't work as the columns that I need to change
are all next to each other, in the middle of a large spreadsheet full of
different data, and there aren't any adjacent cells that are free.

"Sian" wrote in message
I have been given a worksheet in which all the figures in 12 columns need
be increased by 15% and can't figure out what the correct formula would
be -
any help much appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Danny@Kendal

The cells don't have to be adjacent or even on the same sheet.

Unless you are using every possible column in Excel then you can insert one
column, copy and "paste special" the values then delete the inserted column
which leaves things just as they were.

Alternatively, type in 1.15 in any spare cell. Select that cell and choose
"copy".
Now select all the values you want to increase by 15%, choose "paste
special" and select the "multiply" option.

HTH

p.s. I'm only top-posting because that's the way this thread is going.

"Sian" wrote in message
I have been given a worksheet in which all the figures in 12 columns
need
be increased by 15% and can't figure out what the correct formula would
be -
any help much appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
broro183

Hi Sian,

This is a useful method which I have just read about in the past
month...

Type 1.15 in a blank cell (can be in another workbook), [enter], select
& copy the cell (or [ctrl+c]), select the range that you want to be
increased by 15%, edit - paste special - multiply - [enter] (or
[alt+e+s+m] [enter]).
This works on values or formulae, try it on a copy of your file first.

Hth
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068