Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cwhaley

Default Web queries & Yahoo! Finance

Just new here, but unless I've missed something, I'm surprised that
there isn't a separate category on Excel's Web Query functionality.

My problem is that I relied heavily on Excel web queries to access
tables of data in my portfolios at Yahoo! Finance. In fact I could even
say that I was financially dependent on that relationship for most of my
investment activities (roughly 50% of my income).

Then, about a year ago, the queries quit working. Even though I was
logged in to Yahoo! Finance via my browser, the web queries I had in
place suddenly produced a page expecting a login to Yahoo!, instead of
the data tables that always appeared before.

I've been sending emails to Yahoo! off and on for the past year, and
they keep coming back with "we're aware of the problem and working on
it". I have my doubts.

Since it worked before, it should be an easy fix for them. But a year
later and no resolution???

Has anyone out there experienced anything like this? Is it possible
that there is a workaround?

Without putting out big bucks for a commercial service, Yahoo! Finance
has the best data that I'm aware of. That data plus Excel's web queries
make it an unbeatable match.

Any advice?

--
cwhaley
cwhaley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31071

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

try going to xltraders and look for my free files under the author
donaldb36.
There are other files there too. Contact me privately if you like.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"cwhaley" wrote in