Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alex Horan

Default Shared Workbooks and Data Queries

I have a workbook that has several data queries to external datasources. I
can either choose the Refresh Data action/button or configure my Data Qurey
to automatically run every x minutes.

However when I enable the workbook for sharing I lose both of these
functions. I looked at the 'Features that are unavailable in shared
workbooks' and it does not mention external data queries so I expected to be
able to share my workbook and have excel automatically update the external
data.

Does anyone know if there is a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance - Alex