Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
brian m.

Default How can I create a drop down list from non-adjacent cells

How can I create a drop down list from non-adjacent cells (redundant message
I know...sorry). I'm working on a tournament bracket and I would like to
only have to select two non-adjacent cells for my dropdown list rather than
the entire column worth of cells between the two. Is there perhaps a formula
that would exclude the emptly cells and only include in the dropdown list
those cells with names in them?
Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

See Sports Fixtures at

http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

"brian m." wrote:

How can I create a drop down list from non-adjacent cells (redundant message
I know...sorry). I'm working on a tournament bracket and I would like to
only have to select two non-adjacent cells for my dropdown list rather than
the entire column worth of cells between the two. Is there perhaps a formula
that would exclude the emptly cells and only include in the dropdown list
those cells with names in them?
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
brian m.

Thanks for the site, excellent info, but not exactly what I'm looking for...I
think. Thank you though! My issue seems simple to me....but...I can't
figure it out (maybe not so simple...I don't know). The issue is that when
going through the data validation, I allow a "List" and I would then like the
"Source" to equal two cells that are not adjacent. They are in the same
column and I can collect the info I need, but it includes every blank cell
inbetween that I don't want. I only want the first (top) and last (bottom)
cell in the range. Hopefully this clarifies my predicament a bit. Thanks
again for the great site tip...I will definately spend some time there.

"brian m." wrote:

How can I create a drop down list from non-adjacent cells (redundant message
I know...sorry). I'm working on a tournament bracket and I would like to
only have to select two non-adjacent cells for my dropdown list rather than
the entire column worth of cells between the two. Is there perhaps a formula
that would exclude the emptly cells and only include in the dropdown list
those cells with names in them?
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Hello,
without seeing the actual worksheet, it is difficult to imagine what you are
talking about.

Send me the worksheet and as much detail as possible about what it is, what
it is suppsed to do, and what results you expect. even a sample sheet of
completed results, if possible.

Any information you send is not shared with any persons, alive or presumed
dead.

"brian m." wrote:

How can I create a drop down list from non-adjacent cells (redundant message
I know...sorry). I'm working on a tournament bracket and I would like to
only have to select two non-adjacent cells for my dropdown list rather than
the entire column worth of cells between the two. Is there perhaps a formula
that would exclude the emptly cells and only include in the dropdown list
those cells with names in them?
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cutter

The simplest solution would be to have 2 out-of-sight cells linked to
your desired info.

ie. if you want A5 and A10 values in your list have formulas somewhere
out of the way linking to those 2 cells - say in Z1 you have =A5 and in
Z2 have =A10

Then use Z1:Z2 for your Data Validation list

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848