Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
junkmandan

Default blank cell until after formula applied

How can I insert a simple sum formula without a "0" appearing in the
cell until the formula has been applied. Thanks

--
junkmandan
junkmandan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30866

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
S3NTYN3L

I'm not sure exactly what your meaning by "until the formula has been
applied" but...

Have you tried the SUMIF function?

Look it up in Help for examples of its useage.

Hope this helps...

--
S3NTYN3L
S3NTYN3L's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30247

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

=IF(SUM(A1,A2)=0,"",SUM(A1,A2))

There are other ways also, depending on exactly what you want.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"junkmandan" wrote:

How can I insert a simple sum formula without a "0" appearing in the
cell until the formula has been applied. Thanks

--
junkmandan
junkmandan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30866
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505447

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"junkmandan" wrote
in message ...

How can I insert a simple sum formula without a "0" appearing in the
cell until the formula has been applied. Thanks

Here's an example from one of my sheets:
=IF($A14=0,"",$A14*G14)

Try constructing something similar, and pay attention to the commas.

Another option is to use the ISBLANK function, which tests to see if a
certain cell is blank. Start Excel's help system and search for ISBLANK.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"junkmandan" wrote
in message ...

How can I insert a simple sum formula without a "0" appearing in the
cell until the formula has been applied. Thanks

By the way, in my example and Chuck's the formulae translate easily into
words:

=IF($A14=0,"",$A14*G14)

If A14 is zero
THEN put nothing in this cell (quotation marks with nothing between them).
ELSE (A14 isn't blank)
Multiply A14 by G14

You don't have to leave the cell empty - you could also put some sort of
text between the quotes.