Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jason - MR

Default calculating days

I'm trying to determine the length fo time ( in days) that we have owned
pieces of equipment.

I've found NETWORKDAYS, but this yields a number that is always 10-25% short
fo the actual number of days. I've also tried subtracting the two dates but
get the reply of "#value".

Can anyone help? Thanks. Jason.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

NETWORKDAYS excludes weekends. Subtracting the earlier date from the
later date should yield the number of days: strange that you're getting
the #Value. Are your dates in serial format? Serial format is Excel's
way of handling dates: each day is an integer value. Today, Jan 26
2006, is 38743: you can check this by formatting the date cell as an
integer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"Dave O" wrote in message
oups.com...
NETWORKDAYS excludes weekends. Subtracting the earlier date from the
later date should yield the number of days: strange that you're getting
the #Value. Are your dates in serial format? Serial format is Excel's
way of handling dates: each day is an integer value. Today, Jan 26
2006, is 38743: you can check this by formatting the date cell as an
integer.

Only his calculation cells need to be in number format so they make sense to
the viewer. The dates used for calculation can remain in normal date format.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jason - MR

Thanks! It was the format of my original date cells. I spent over an hour
in the MS Excell 2000 book, no luck.

Thanks again, the knowledge shared witnin this website is awesome!

Jason.

"Doug Kanter" wrote:

oups.com...