Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gunnyusmcret

Default Why can't I use XML in the Student and Teacher Edition?

Am I missing an Add-in? I can't believe I wasted my money buying this version
of MS Office, when I can't even use it to complete the assignments when XML
isn't available..

Any clues?

Thanks,
GunnyUSMCRet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Are you using Excel 2003?

You should be able to pull-down:
Data Xml Import...
--
Gary''s Student

"gunnyusmcret" wrote:

Am I missing an Add-in? I can't believe I wasted my money buying this version
of MS Office, when I can't even use it to complete the assignments when XML
isn't available..

Any clues?

Thanks,
GunnyUSMCRet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gunnyusmcret

No Sir. It is not in there...

My options a "PivotTable and PivotChart Report
Import External Data
List"
XML is not an "unavailable option" if you know what I mean. Meaning it's
listed, but not accessible.

I appreciate your interest.

Bryan

"gunnyusmcret" wrote:

Am I missing an Add-in? I can't believe I wasted my money buying this version
of MS Office, when I can't even use it to complete the assignments when XML
isn't available..

Any clues?

Thanks,
GunnyUSMCRet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
George Nicholson

Data Xml Import...

FYI: that option is only enabled with Office Professional, which provides
"additional support for XML" (which is what the OP is complaining about).

http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...y/compare.mspx

--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.