Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
klafert

Default Showing Negative as Postive

I know I done this before but I am drawing a blank. I am exporting a report
from Crystal Report. I the column contains negative figures. In Crystal I
can tell it to "reverse the sign to display". In other words I can have a
negative show as a postive. However, when I export into Excel it imports as
a negative. I know there is a way to change a negative number to a positive
number in
Excel. Need help ASAP!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ewan7279

If the data is in column A, use a helper column and enter = -A1 and drag down.

If the data also contains positive number that you wish to remain positive
i.e. turn all figures into hash values, enter =If(A1<0,-A1,A1) into the
helper column and drag down.

HTH

"klafert" wrote:

I know I done this before but I am drawing a blank. I am exporting a report
from Crystal Report. I the column contains negative figures. In Crystal I
can tell it to "reverse the sign to display". In other words I can have a
negative show as a postive. However, when I export into Excel it imports as
a negative. I know there is a way to change a negative number to a positive
number in
Excel. Need help ASAP!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Skeep

so if -1.25 in A1 then put a formula in B1 that says =abs(a1), this will
return 1.25 for both a negative and a positive number.

--
Skeep
Skeep's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30822