dzeitler

Default showing negative numbers

I am using this formula to show the amout of days between two dates.
=datedif(today(),a2,"d") this works well as long as the date in cell
A2 is in the future. If todays date is after the the date in cell A2
It wont show the days as a negative number as I want it to. insted the
cell shows this. #NUM! can anyone help with this. Thanks

--
dzeitler
dzeitler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24019

Ron de Bruin

Try this

=A5-TODAY()

The formulas that you can insert with this Add-in are working also this way
http://www.rondebruin.nl/datarefiner.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"dzeitler" wrote in message

I am using this formula to show the amout of days between two dates.
=datedif(today(),a2,"d") this works well as long as the date in cell
A2 is in the future. If todays date is after the the date in cell A2
It wont show the days as a negative number as I want it to. insted the
cell shows this. #NUM! can anyone help with this. Thanks

--
dzeitler
dzeitler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24019
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=377418

Gary Brown

Try this formula

=IF(TODAY()A2,-DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"d"),DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"d"))

--
Gary Brown
Gary Brown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17084