Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fdabb

Default query for work help! showing final result

Hi all

Hoping someone can help - I am creating an evaluation form template and want
just the overall result for a particular set of data ie.

I have listed persons (1-30) across the top row and their response to a
particular question down the first column (Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair,
Poor). If they reply excellent one gets marked in that cell and the rest of
the cells for that person for that question are blank.

At the end of the row I have a formula to determine the greatest response
i.e. 60% of respondants replied "Excellent", the row which has the
"Excellent" response shows "Excellent" and the other (i.e. Very Good, Good
etc) will show "0" (all using formulas, IF statements etc).

I now need to show the final result to another summary worksheet - any
suggestions for a formula that will get rid of the 0's and show just
"Excellent", "Very Good", "Good", "Fair", or "Poor"? as they could show in
any row in the column relating to the question. I've been at this all day and
nearly given up - there must be a way!

All help hugely appreciated.
Cheers, fdab66.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Not really sure how your actual set-up is ..

Here's my interp of what you might have over the
http://cjoint.com/?bzglftPpwm
fdabb66_misc.xls

Could you upload a small sample of your actual* file
and paste the *link* to it in your reply here ?
*sanitized if necessary

Some free filehosts that could be used to upload your sample:
http://www.flypicture.com/
http://cjoint.com/index.php
http://www.savefile.com/index.php

For cjoint.com (it's in French), just click "Browse" button, navigate to
your folder select the sample file Open, then click the button centred
in the page below (labelled "Creer le lien Cjoint") and it'll generate the
link. Then copy & paste the generated link as part and parcel of your
response here.

But kindly note that no attachments
should be posted *directly* to the newsgroup
--
Max
Singapore
"fdabb" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fdabb

Hi Max,

Thanks for getting back to me - I made an abridged version of the
spreadsheet which you can find he http://cjoint.com/?bzgSct1jcq

Basically I want to insert the result from the data page to the appropriate
place on the summary page.

Thank you so much - I'd given up all hope

Cheers, Fiona.

"fdabb" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Here's one way, implemented into your sample at:
http://cjoint.com/?bzhGsbFjGk
fdab66_data_and_summary_1.xls

In sheet: Summary,

Array-enter (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) in B4,
then copy B4 down to B7:

=INDEX(OFFSET(INDIRECT("Data!P"&MATCH(A4,Data!A:A, 0)+1),,,5),MATCH(TRUE,OFFS
ET(INDIRECT("Data!P"&MATCH(A4,Data!A:A,0)+1),,,5)< "",0))

--
"fdabb" wrote in message
Hi Max,

Thanks for getting back to me - I made an abridged version of the
spreadsheet which you can find he http://cjoint.com/?bzgSct1jcq

Basically I want to insert the result from the data page to the

appropriate
place on the summary page.

Thank you so much - I'd given up all hope

Cheers, Fiona.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fdabb

Max - you are a superstar!!!! Thanks very much for your help, it is really
appreciated.

Cheers, Fiona.

"fdabb" wrote in message
Hi Max,

Thanks for getting back to me - I made an abridged version of the
spreadsheet which you can find he http://cjoint.com/?bzgSct1jcq

Basically I want to insert the result from the data page to the

appropriate
place on the summary page.

Thank you so much - I'd given up all hope

Cheers, Fiona.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

You're welcome, Fiona !